Lord, I've been given a mountain
I cant possible climb it alone I know
But with Your help and Your guidance
I'll make it somehow tho the going's slow.
I know You do things in Your own time,
And surely You do them in Your own way
Please, Lord, endow me with the patience
To wait upon You through come what may.
I've learned to hold You by the hand
I've learned, I feel, to humble be.
But still I lack the faith I need
I've not learned to leave my problems with Thee.
The troubles that once were mine to bear
in the yesteryear's of my life
Were in comparison so very small
Not at all akin to the present strife.
If waiting upon You, precious Lord,
Is what I must do, I'll certainly try
With a prayer on my lips I'll try to find hope
I'll climb that mountain if You'll only stand by me.
****
Realizing lately that with God ALL things are possible. I know thats something thats been consistently drilled in my head since i started attending church, but for some reason it just clicked this past sunday. I was in preschool and that was our memory verse. The lesson was about Jesus walking on water and the memory verse was "All things are possible with God." And it was like DING the light came on. If I try to climb a mountain in my life by myself, its like Mt.Everest. But if i try to climb that same mountain with God its like a little mole hill. Prayer makes those mountains into mole hills. If you are a person of prayer, when you speak things will change. There is a war like mentality when you go into prayer. There is an earnestness about prayer that is there or not there. Sometimes you have to stir yourself up to seek God. Prayer is difficult sometimes. If you can not pray your walk with God will be impoverished. Prayer has to be burning. To posses burning prayer it has to come from a burning place. It has to be heartfelt. It has to MOVE YOU!!! Something God divinely placed in your heart. You cant conjure up a burden for something!!! God has divinely placed something inside of you. Pastor Kevin always asks us "What makes you angry?" He says that whatever makes you angry is what God's placed on the inside of you to change! What makes you burn?? Are you willing to take a risk, step out in faith and pray for what moves you?? Turn your mountains into mole hills. Seek after God like never before. The only risk you can take in life is by not doing what God tells you to do. After all, its not a risk if God tells you to do it. PRAY!!
LIFE
No comments:
Post a Comment